Thursday 27 May 2010

The C Word

The C word. No not the kinda fun and certainly impolite C word the other one.
Cancer. I just heard that My big brother Al might have it. Lung cancer the really scary one. Scary to me anyway.


I don't know what to say. My brother is a new part of my life. Discovered late but appreciated none the less. I did not know that I had a big brother until a few years and we are a continent apart ago so we don't have a really close relationship but the thought of him sick with this is making me sick.

No one in my immediate family has had this curse as of yet and I'm really devastated as I write this . It's made far worse by the fact that he's in Vancouver and I'm here in T.O. without much hope of getting out there in the near term. Not that I can do much but I think or rather I know that a little support goes a long way. So what do I do in the meantime?

I guess I just have to pass on a BIG "FUCK YOU Cancer and the horse you rode in on".

I feel an unreasonable amout of Rage about this . One of those times you want to hit out at something. But there's nothing to hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment